Stay Sharp

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Micro Four Thirds System

Been on the lookout for a proper MFT camera for some time now but living in Thailands backwater hasn't given me too man chances to get my hands on one. Well, going back home to Tokyo in a week and will do daily visits to my local ashram (Yodabashi Camera in West Shinjuku, must be the best camera store world wide. NYC B&H treated me like an Al Qaeda operative).

Almost made a final decision on an Olympus E-P2 but glad I didn't now when some whistleblower came out with the down fall of the company due to insider corruption and money laundering with the Japanese yakuza (hate the bullies), fuck 'em...going with the Lumix GF-1 or GX-1 instead. So my question to you my fellow photographers is ; Does anyone of you have any experience working/shooting with this system or cameras? Worth to haul around on a daily basis and will it be able to take some heavy duty blue collar treatment like I have found out a Canon system will be able to handle? My trusted sidearm Canon G9 is on the mend and will have to go through the hands of the geek wizards at Canon Center (also this in West Shinjuku)for a small fee. Plan to sell of one of my 5D's to a good friend in need and keep the other. Will do a proper check up first of 'em both at Canon center.

Pro's & Con's much appreciated.

Thanks and "Hold Fast"



No comments: