Stay Sharp

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Cherry Mania

Another Tokyo spring, another cherry tree blooming bonanza. Can't say I am thrilled, never been. The whole place just reeks pink cuteness and over the top beauty. If I just won the lottery or someone told me that National Geographic Magazine has decided with Magnum Photo agency to make me the man of the year… then maybe I could just enjoy the hyper pink environment I have to live in for a week or two every spring. Never been in that mood where the Sakura has an uplifting effect when in bloom. Most Japanese liked it I believe because it gives them a reason to go absolutely ape level shitfaced drunk on the annual hanami (cherry blossom viewing…!), all levels of intoxication is openly accepted and even required if you are a company man/wo-man. Anyways, went out to shoot this fallen cherry tree I found this morning, didn't turn out the way I wanted so here is another one. You won't see another of these from me this year…well, maybe in Black & White, underexposed to the max.

5D MrkII, 16-35mm f/2.8, Polarizer Filter (hence the almost black sky)

No comments: